Darkish spots on eggs?

MorwenSeregon

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2023
I’ve noticed several of my hens are laying eggs that have some darker spots on them. It almost looks like the marks are inside the shell.

I noticed this seemed to start around when the weather got colder. Could it have something to do with condensation maybe? The eggs seem normal when I open them.

I turned up the contrast so that they can hopefully be seen in the picture. They’re subtle.

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpeg
    IMG_3811.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 38
I’ve noticed several of my hens are laying eggs that have some darker spots on them. It almost looks like the marks are inside the shell.

I noticed this seemed to start around when the weather got colder. Could it have something to do with condensation maybe? The eggs seem normal when I open them.

I turned up the contrast so that they can hopefully be seen in the picture. They’re subtle.
Can't see anything but usually it's nothing to worry about. These are coming out of a chicken who doesn't have a say how they come out, but different things like stress, too much or too little calcium, bad diet, age, etc. can all play a part in it, but usually it's temporary.

Here's a link to 20 different egg issues. If I had to pick, yours maybe fall in the 13/14 one but still, I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues on for several days.

Twice in freezing temperatures I didn't gather all my eggs and both times this happened.
I threw them out.

Can't see anything but usually it's nothing to worry about. These are coming out of a chicken who doesn't have a say how they come out, but different things like stress, too much or too little calcium, bad diet, age, etc. can all play a part in it, but usually it's temporary.

Here's a link to 20 different egg issues. If I had to pick, yours maybe fall in the 13/14 one but still, I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues on for several days.
It’s been going on for several weeks now and from different hens. These pictures give me some leads though. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom