Darn oposum

RichnSteph

Songster
5 Years
Mar 25, 2014
Adkins Texas
We lost a duck months ago to something that puller her head off and left the rest, figured it was an opossum but never saw it. This morning as I go to feed guess what I see sitting in the run eating the chicken feed.... yup a baby opossum. I'm guessing mama marsupial has decided to raise a group of young near our little farm. *sigh* Time for a live trap.

We had one walking along the pond to the coop and my husband shot it...sorry, we have lost too many ducks and chicks to mama and baby hunting sprees...and the silly ducks came running to see what it was instead of being scared. My little sheltie had been treeing it all afternoon because the ducks are his babies too. He sits in front of the brooders (they are clear plastic) and watches them for hours!

Originally Posted by granny hatchet

I dont know if i should laugh or cry. definitely traumatized. For those of you that dont know what a possum stomping party is (like me) , I will tell you.I have 3 barn cats, one of them a sneaky little Siamese . I was in the barn feeding the chicks (where i found my dead EEs a week ago) and the cat was rubbing up against my legs. absent minded as normal, I reached down to pet him only it was NOT him. yup, a possum ! right between my legs:eek: For once i just wish something like that would happen when i dont have eggs in my hand. may they RIP. My husband came outside, I dont know how he knew ? all the screaming maybe? He picked up a stick and i said "dont you dare" even playing dead it would be faster then him .you know, if we needed to run or something. So i called my friend and she hollers to her husband,"possum stomping party!" and "we are on our way" . So , here i am thinking the house isnt clean, what am i going to serve, this is short notice for a party. LOL Well, my friends, A possum stomping is exactly what it says and I am delightfully disgusted. This is from my post yesterday on grannys gone and done it. what a shock !

Originally Posted by granny hatchet

I dont know if i should laugh or cry. definitely traumatized. For those of you that dont know what a possum stomping party is (like me) , I will tell you.I have 3 barn cats, one of them a sneaky little Siamese . I was in the barn feeding the chicks (where i found my dead EEs a week ago) and the cat was rubbing up against my legs. absent minded as normal, I reached down to pet him only it was NOT him. yup, a possum ! right between my legs:eek: For once i just wish something like that would happen when i dont have eggs in my hand. may they RIP. My husband came outside, I dont know how he knew ? all the screaming maybe? He picked up a stick and i said "dont you dare" even playing dead it would be faster then him .you know, if we needed to run or something. So i called my friend and she hollers to her husband,"possum stomping party!" and "we are on our way" . So , here i am thinking the house isnt clean, what am i going to serve, this is short notice for a party. LOL Well, my friends, A possum stomping is exactly what it says and I am delightfully disgusted. This is from my post yesterday on grannys gone and done it. what a shock !

(Bolded mine) I think I know what you could have served for lunch!

*laugh* Yup I'll be getting rid of the little monsters just as fast as I can.

oh my gosh ! ya, hahaaa already had lunch didnt i ?
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom