Daughter won't eat Store Bought Eggs

Quote:
"Out of the mouths of babes..." LOL!
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

my 3 year old son is mighty particular too. he'll pass on eggs if they aren't ours. he will eat other "yard eggs" but his fav are ours. i don't blame him, i've never tasted an egg better than mine.

i am alleric to store bought eggs.. and they taste funny to me.. more of a chemical taste to me.. i am so allergic that doc won't give me the flu shot because it is made from eggs . i can eat my own home grown eggs. believe me when i say i took a tiny bite each time.. i can now eat them with no problem. i think it must be the horomones or meds or something i taste in store bought but i don't taste that in mine.. so i understand when she spits out the store bought eggs.. you go girl!

I can't get my 20 yr old to eat my eggs, thats ok more for me. he'll just have to do without eggs. I keep telling my bro to stop buying eggs too but, he doesn't seem to stop by for any. oh well mom and dad eat them.

About two years ago, I started getting sick from store bought eggs, too. I can tolerate them in baked goods, but can't eat them boiled, fried, in an omelet, custard, etc. I did find out recently that I "can" tolerate the occasional store egg if it's the type that's been fed a special diet -- Eggland's Best Cage Free, for example. That makes me suspect it's something that the chickens are being fed that is making me ill. I'm going to pick up some eggs at the farmer's market and try those, just as an experiment.

I can eat my quail eggs with no problem.

smart kid!!!! My friends daughter always knows when she gets 'homegrown' eggs - she can tell by color/taste if they are store bought. Learned the difference when she was 9 I think, it's nice to know that she values good eggs and knows where they are coming from
smile.png

Quote:
It might be antibiotics or something.

I too have a few people who don't like my fresh eggs and would rather buy them at the store. I find that odd.
hmm.png

My 10 year old son is the same way. He was raised on store bought but a year and a half ago I got him some chicks to raise and ever since they started laying he will NOT eat store eggs. He says his chickens eggs taste way better.

Back
Top Bottom