Day 16 no quail chicks hatched!

Mazooky

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2017
England
So its day 16 and there's no sign of my button quail chicks hatching, I was thinking about putting a chick noise on my iPad at full volume next to the incubator to try encourage them but my friend told me not to and I'm unsure what to do now.

Have you tried candling the eggs with a torch? It might be that the eggs never fertilized.

But don't panic, I had a cockerel hatch a week late. He is safe and very healthy.
Good luck!!!
:thumbsup
Yes I candled them a lot with my phone and Only 3 aren't fertile the others were fully black and in some I could see black and some light shining through

Yes I candled them a lot with my phone and Only 3 aren't fertile the others were fully black and in some I could see black and some light shining through
Ones that are light and black - The chick obviously hasn't grown fully compared to the others and has probably lost life in the egg.

Fully Black - This may sound crazy, but do you have a stethoscope? You could use it to see if their hearts are beating and they are still alive. (Please bare in mind, it is not completely reliable - you might not hear it but they could be alive)

Have you tried tapping on the eggs? The mother would usually peck her eggs to encourage them to come out. It also made my chicks very chirpy for some of them.

Ones that are light and black - The chick obviously hasn't grown fully compared to the others and has probably lost life in the egg.

Fully Black - This may sound crazy, but do you have a stethoscope? You could use it to see if their hearts are beating and they are still alive. (Please bare in mind, it is not completely reliable - you might not hear it but they could be alive)

Have you tried tapping on the eggs? The mother would usually peck her eggs to encourage them to come out. It also made my chicks very chirpy for some of them.
I don't have a stethoscope. I would try tapping on the egg but one of my chicks are on the way to hatching, he is taking a long time and he has only made a small hole the others don't seem to have any pips. How long does it normally take for them to hatch after pipping?

I don't have a stethoscope. I would try tapping on the egg but one of my chicks are on the way to hatching, he is taking a long time and he has only made a small hole the others don't seem to have any pips. How long does it normally take for them to hatch after pipping?
For a quick chick: just less than a day
Normal chick: a day and a half
Slow chick: two days

(these are from my personal experiences)

One of them hatched!!!
IMG_2451.JPG

Hello, I was wondering when is it to late to put button quail eggs in the incubator?
Also when should you remove the eggs from the hen? I am hoping at least 2 hatch on their own with mom and dad. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom