May 5, 2018
So far my incubators temp has been running very smoothly. I have 4 thermometers that all read the same before which was a perfect 99.5-100. Now suddenly it wants to go up to 100.6-101. I have a Magicfly Janoel 12 auto egg incubator forced air. Humidity is 40%. My room temp is 75-77 but my grandmother lives with me so we have to keep it there for her. Even at those temps it was doing perfect and now it wants to spike. :( Any tips on why this could be happening and what I should do?

So far my incubators temp has been running very smoothly. I have 4 thermometers that all read the same before which was a perfect 99.5-100. Now suddenly it wants to go up to 100.6-101. I have a Magicfly Janoel 12 auto egg incubator forced air. Humidity is 40%. My room temp is 75-77 but my grandmother lives with me so we have to keep it there for her. Even at those temps it was doing perfect and now it wants to spike. :( Any tips on why this could be happening and what I should do?

Have outside temps changed? Ac, fans or heaters running more then normal? Can you check or adjust the temp setting easily?

I would at the least double check my temp setting to make sure it wasn't messed with or accidently changed. Then very carefully during a time you can observe the bator over a few hours adjust the temp setting to the correct temp or the adjusted lower temp. Keeping an eye on the overall temp to make sure it doesn't drop to low.

I don't have the same bator, but i did have humidity issues with this last hatch compared to the weather outside. The first hatch temps were cool weather was wet my humidity wanted to stay high except 1 hot dry day my humidity got really low. This hatch it's been warmer and dryer and my humidity was staying really low, so i had to watch it a lot closer for sudden dips.

Honestly, in most cases a few short hours of irregular temps both up or down don't seem to and overall deteramental effect, the hatch rears might be lower but unless it's an extended time it seems most come out ok. I also had my bator unplugged at 1 piont. It could have been unplugged for as long as 12 hours at night. But i still hatched 8 of 15 and a few where infertile to start with.

Have outside temps changed? Ac, fans or heaters running more then normal? Can you check or adjust the temp setting easily?

I would at the least double check my temp setting to make sure it wasn't messed with or accidently changed. Then very carefully during a time you can observe the bator over a few hours adjust the temp setting to the correct temp or the adjusted lower temp. Keeping an eye on the overall temp to make sure it doesn't drop to low.

I don't have the same bator, but i did have humidity issues with this last hatch compared to the weather outside. The first hatch temps were cool weather was wet my humidity wanted to stay high except 1 hot dry day my humidity got really low. This hatch it's been warmer and dryer and my humidity was staying really low, so i had to watch it a lot closer for sudden dips.

Honestly, in most cases a few short hours of irregular temps both up or down don't seem to and overall deteramental effect, the hatch rears might be lower but unless it's an extended time it seems most come out ok. I also had my bator unplugged at 1 piont. It could have been unplugged for as long as 12 hours at night. But i still hatched 8 of 15 and a few where infertile to start with.

Thank you so much. It’s only been like this for an hour or two. I have it down to around 100. My 3 accurite thermometers read 100, and My digital one I have right next to the eggs reads 99.3. I’m worried about humidity for lock down. I literally have barely any water In it now and it reads 40% on both Hydrometers. I’m scared it won’t be high enough. :(

Thank you so much. It’s only been like this for an hour or two. I have it down to around 100. My 3 accurite thermometers read 100, and My digital one I have right next to the eggs reads 99.3. I’m worried about humidity for lock down. I literally have barely any water In it now and it reads 40% on both Hydrometers. I’m scared it won’t be high enough. :(
About 60-65% is recommended for lockdown if you can't get it up enough a damp sponge can help just make sue is not touching the eggs

About 60-65% is recommended for lockdown if you can't get it up enough a damp sponge can help just make sue is not touching the eggs

Thank you, I’m going to try that! I literally have maybe 5 ML of water in t and it’s saying 40% humidity :( kind of makes me worried.

Back
Top Bottom