Day 18 and I can't get humidity over 45%

Zerinala

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 21, 2013
Northern Victoria
Hi guys, I'm after some advice again.

i bought a Janoel Incubator off ebay, before reading that most people say they are crap :S

Anyways, I got some eggs that are already at day 17 and put them in my incubator, but i can't get the humidity up!!!

I have put in shallow containers with water to increase the amount of water surface but it still won't go up. I am using the Janoel 24 egg incubator & a ReptaHydro Hydrometer. I have put the listed amount of water in tank 1 and 2. I have the little ventilation hole closed. It is sitting at 37.5 deg and 45% humidity. It is now day 18 and I cant raise the humidity like i need to.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello.
Try adding a wet towel on the bottom or some sponges.. That should raise the humidity. And I think you should not close the ventilation holes because they need more oxygen the last days.
I use a Janoel 10 and it is pretty easy to raise or lower humidity with it :)

Hope it helps!

A wet towel is a great idea! You could also try several small sponges. When I first had a small incubator, I used aquarium tubing and a syringe to add more humidity to some small sponges, sliding the tubing right through the air holes to do so (so I didn't have to open the incubator all the time.)

And Draga is right, you need those air holes to provide important circulation of fresh air.

Good luck!

AHH so adorable! Congratulations!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom