Day 19 4 chicks hatched and many others pipping update**********

they game bird feed will work it should be around 24 - 27 % I would get them switched over to a 16 - 20 % feed when you can. They will be ok for up to 3 days years ago when I worked at the feed store I remember some times they would hatch early and some times it would be a 2 or 2 late.

How wonderful! It always amazes me when I can do things perfect and none hatch, then do things not quite right and I get a great hatch! I bet you'll have some strong chickies out of those!!!

Glad all is going well so far. I know that I have not had everything perfect with my first eggs that are in the bator, but hopefully they will still hatch. I am on day 18 starting this evening, so I have to get that humidity up and keep it there. I did notice that with the cool nights we have had that when I wake up in the a.m. the temp has dropped on the bator and is only 98.5-99.5. I am concerned, but not sure what to do. If i turn it up at night, it will get too hot during the day. What if I forget to turn it back down and they get too hot. Isn't that worse than being a little cool? I am so nervous. Congrats on your hatch.

Marie

Turn the turner off and take the turner out of the incubator! Lay the eggs on the wire. Lay the eggs with large end up a little. Lay them on their sides.
I have 2 of the little giant incubators and they are really great for holding in heat during a power outage. I also have a Brower incubator which is plastic and it lost heat quickly during a power outage. The good thing about it is that it's dishwasher safe but the bad thing is that it will not hold heat if electricity goes out even for 30 minutes.
Good luck with your hatch!!!! Julie

UpDate;;;;;;

I now have 15 healthy lil chicks, and 3 more are about out of the shells, and 3 more pipping.
yay i'm so happy

time to get ready to put more eggs in the incubator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dustin

They sure are purred lol yep i'm get pics up when i can ,
he.gif

Dustin
woot.gif

unbelievable, Asher you are not alone, believe me! I think I will try putting eggs in the bator and just not bothering with them at all and see what happens.
lol.png

Congradulations on a great hatch, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom