Day 19 HELP!!

brandy21410

Songster
Feb 26, 2016
Apple Valley (high desert) , Ca
its my first time incubating and I have a little giant stirafome still air incubator, Iam on day 19 now and have been on lock down scince day 18, but this morning I hear peeps and 2 of my eggs have pipped, and I can hear one peeping, but its been all day and they haven't unzipped the shell, should I assist the chick is LOUDLY peeping, and I am trying to not intervene, the other egg is pipping upside down so I used a wooded skewer to gently move it so it is on its side now, but no progress from that one, but I think it has broken the membrane, however I don't think the other one that is peeping loudly had broken it because I can see the beek but there is a clear film over it, is this okay?!? please help!!!! the humidity is 68 and the heat is 100.4

Temp maybe a tid high but I would not touch it because you do not want it to go to low. It may take a while for them to zip all the way. There is no clear answer to the should I help question. Best of luck

its my first time incubating and I have a little giant stirafome still air incubator, Iam on day 19 now and have been on lock down scince day 18, but this morning I hear peeps and 2 of my eggs have pipped, and I can hear one peeping, but its been all day and they haven't unzipped the shell, should I assist the chick is LOUDLY peeping, and I am trying to not intervene, the other egg is pipping upside down so I used a wooded skewer to gently move it so it is on its side now, but no progress from that one, but I think it has broken the membrane, however I don't think the other one that is peeping loudly had broken it because I can see the beek but there is a clear film over it, is this okay?!? please help!!!! the humidity is 68 and the heat is 100.4
Temps are fine considering still air recommendations are 101-102.

It can take 24 hours for a chic to go from pip to zip. I try not to interfer for at least 18 hours, then I check them and unless there's something noticeably wrong, I give them till closer to 24 before starting an assist.

Are they out or made any progress now?

Temps are fine considering still air recommendations are 101-102.

It can take 24 hours for a chic to go from pip to zip. I try not to interfer for at least 18 hours, then I check them and unless there's something noticeably wrong, I give them till closer to 24 before starting an assist.

Are they out or made any progress now?

Yes the 2 are out and peeping arround they both hatched yesterday in the evening, do u think i should leave the 2 that hatched in the incubator until the others hatch there still not fluffy yet? Or take them out nd put them under a light in the brooder? Thank u for ur help i appreciate it i have no idea what iam doing.

Back
Top Bottom