day 20 at 8 pm tonight

Quote:
Ahhhhh GREAT!!!!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u37/Donsmacs/P1130134.jpg

That is where we got our Delawares. We had a very good hatch rate and the birds
are awesome. We had no problems with aggressiveness and they are super friendly.
Her and I have emailed back and forth a few times. Great Egg Vendor. I'm surprised
she isn't a member here.

Don

I have bought eggs from acchris as well, although I didn't have any luck with them, temp flucuatuion in the house I believe to be the problem for me. She is a great person with buy from and I do believe I told her about BYC and invited her over. I am having better luck this hatch, I have Poison Ivy's Delawares, an asst. of Speckeled's eggs and Black Australorps(sp) from a lady in AR. I think I finally found a good place in my house to place the bator, it is in the kitchen on top of my chest freezer and so far so good
fl.gif

Last edited:
I din't know Poison Ivy had Delawares.

Ya accchris is a great vendor. Wonderful birds, good shipping, prices, support.

SpeckledHen, HinkJC, FluffnStuff and a few others are a step above great. They
kiss each egg before they send them to you. And the scarfs they knit for each chick
is just too much.

(I know there are others here like that too but I havne't gotten eggs from you. YET)

Quote:
Yea, I know what you mean about the care some here give their eggs, I have tried and tried to hatch some of Cyn's and really felt bad when I didn't have any luck, I am surprised she would still send me eggs to try again, lol. I do believe I am having good luck this time, just haven't wanted to mention it didn't want to jinx it.

Ok it is day 21 at 8 tonight and still no pips no chirping, no nothing. I thought I saw one rocking this morning but nothing since. How long do I wait? Temp and humidity have been steady. 99.5 and 68%-70% humidity last I candled on day 18 there were chicks moving in eggs, why aren't they hatching?

Quote:
Ahhhhh GREAT!!!!

are awesome. We had no problems with aggressiveness and they are super friendly.
Her and I have emailed back and forth a few times. Great Egg Vendor. I'm surprised
she isn't a member here.

Don

Is that one of Cynthia's blue orps or blue orp crosses in the middle of your picture?

Quote:
I feel your pain! I didn't have a single pip until today (day 21 at 7 AM) and I am still worried! I now have one chick and several additional pips. I told the DH that I am staying away from the bator for at least 2 hours. It's killing me. We've had over 100 foals born here and this is way worse than foaling. I think my temps must have been a little on the cool side or something. I sure hope I get some more young'uns. Keep the faith and good luck!

Quote:
Ahhhhh GREAT!!!!

she isn't a member here.

Don

Is that one of Cynthia's blue orps or blue orp crosses in the middle of your picture?

Yes, the one on the ramp (sorta blueish gray & the one bottom left)

Chickabator - Update??? Anything???

What are your temps? Have you candled?

You can candle now if you haven't. It will at least show you the fertiles/nonfertiles.
You may even see movement.

If I had a batch at the end of day 21 that had no pips I'd be cracking the tops of one or
two eggs to see what's in there. I'm not saying to do it just that I would do it.
If you crack open the air sac you can see a lot.

Back
Top Bottom