Day 20 Of Hatching Eggs for the first time!

Well, it's day 25 and still nothing...I'm beginning to give up hope.
idunno.gif
I don't know what I did wrong, but will try to figure it out before I set my next batch of eggs. I'm going to use eggs from my RSL hens this time as they are a very light brown and should be easier to candle. I was so hoping to get at least one chick from my first batch!
hit.gif

Well, today was day 28 and still nothing. I performed 4 eggtopsies and had four fully developed chicks. I've built a new bator (forced air) and will give it another go...

help, this is my 2nd time of trying to hatch hen eggs with a homemade incubator. Have hatched eggs with chickens before, but none of my ladies want to sit still for more than a minute, let alone 21 days! have one solitary egg ijm trying to hatch. When candling, which i know i shouldnt do at this stage, but just cant help myself, i see a dark mass, but no movement either inside or outside of the egg. What does anyone suggest? am so bloody impatient, just want to know that ive got a viable baby in there
idunno.gif

its day 20 for me! my first time the eggs have been rolling all over for days now no cracks yet hope they get started soon I work all day tm

I recently incubated 6 eggs for the first time and had a 100% hatch rate. I set the eggs at 430p on a Wednesday, expecting them to hatch 3 weeks later... They started hatching early Tuesday morning - technically day 19 still? 4 hatched Tuesday and the other 2 early hours of Wednesday. Did I have my temperature too high and just get lucky that they were healthy, or is it normal to hatch that early? Using Brinsea mini eco if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom