Day 21, 2 pips!!

stanglover2001

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
YAY!!! 2 Pips out of 5 eggs, I wasn't able to candle them very well they're a nice blue EE eggs. I'm soo excited! 2 are on day 20 and 3 are on day 21, I have had the worst of luck this whole time so this makes it worth it!

woot.gif
fl.gif
woot.gif
Good luck I still have 2 weeks left........
th.gif

wee.gif
I got my first PEEP!!!
jumpy.gif
I'm having trouble containing myself!!!
love.gif
pop.gif

ETA: This is the first time I've incubated before!

Last edited:
YAY!! 3rd one has almost pipped!! And one of them is chirping every so often! I keep pressing my face up to the window viewer of the incubator to watch
tongue.png

Congrats!!!!

For my first incubation attempt, when I first heard the very first, faint peep from within the incubator, I was so excited you would never have known I am a 57 year old "professional person." I dang near danced around like that little smiley does!
wee.gif

Then the first pip... OMG OMG OMG! The first pipped egg didn't do a THING for TWO DAYS! But I did hear peeps and faint tapping, so I knew somebody was still alive in the incubator. When I woke up the 3rd morning before going to work, I had a chick from that first pipped egg. I almost called in sick to watch that incubator!

I came home to three chicks. Eventually, 5 survived that first hatching (out of 7 eggs).

Hooked. Simply hooked on hatching. I've since hatched two more small broods of 3 chicks apiece, have a set due to go on lockdown tomorrow morning, and just received two sets of shipped eggs today to fill my two small empty incubators.

I'll be going on a full month's vacation in mid-October; you can bet I'll be watching incubators.

Oh, and pictures are REQUIRED, not just an option!
wink.png

So this is what they were doing last night before bed, I had 3 pipped.

55886_006.jpg

This is what it looked like when I awoke.

55886_013.jpg

An hour after I found it.

55886_hatchling.jpg

Baby still hasn't broken through! This is driving me crazy! Wheres a straight jacket when you need one?

Back
Top Bottom