Day 21 and no pips

They should have been set in egg cartons (pointy side down, round side up) giving the air cells time to settle after being shipped. Did you candle at 7, 14, 18 days?
21 days is an "average" of incubation time but there are variables and our patience gets tested. Have read to give the eggs a few more days, it's tiresome work for the chick and they do rest some while hatching.

I have candled them. Their air cells got bigger, they are moving, etc. Temp is a steady 99.5 and I put them on lockdown on Monday. Humidity is sitting around 65%. Just anxiously waiting since it is my first hatch.
The first hatch I think is the worst for nerves.. I'm surprised that mine actually lived..lol, I was constantly in and out of the room they were in, could not for the life of me get the humidity to stay consistent. I believe I actually candled them 5 times when they say 3's enough. Hang tight and do your best to be patient.

Can anyone help my chick hat he'd but the sac is still attached. He is moving breathing and has opened eyes and beak, but no chirping. What do I do now.

Back
Top Bottom