Day 21 and no pips

Pics
I've had mine go at day 23. Both bantam and regular sized. The pips need to be upward and the chirping and rocking is a good sign 👍🏼. I had one that I thought was gone and it pipped and zipped while I was sleeping- I had planned on turning off the incubator and giving up. Imagine my surprise when next morning there was a live, loud chick.
Did the pipping start for you at Day 23? Today is Day 22, put them under around 2:00/3:00 pm so right at 22 as I type here in MST, I have 8 under a broody hen. Still no pipping and I’m concerned that I’ll have a 0% hatch 😫 (in case you can’t tell, this is my first time hatching)

22 out of 25!!

We unfortunately had a 23rd that passed. By the time I told myself it was time to assist I was too late. I was unsure of the exact time of pip and could see a translucent membrane with a blood vessel looking line across and was nervous I would do harm if I attempted at that point.
A few hours later I noticed no progress and it had began unzipping previously so I decided to just remove the pieces already cracked but still in place. It was then that I saw it was definitely passed. When I removed the shell it looked perfect. Had absorbed everything so I feel guilty because if I had assisted sooner maybe it would have made it.

Two eggs are still in there (today is day 23) but there is no sign of a pip so this afternoon I’ll candle to be sure but I’m thinking maybe they passed as well like the other chick, just didn’t make it to the pip/zip part of it. 😔
Even with the sad loss of it was awesome what a difference this incubator has made for us in hatch rate.
What day did yours officially start pipping? This batch and last?? I have 8 under a broody hen and today is day 22. I have no pipping and I’m concerned that they’re literally all dead

What day did yours officially start pipping? This batch and last?? I have 8 under a broody hen and today is day 22. I have no pipping and I’m concerned that they’re literally all dead
Mine pipped day 20 for this hatch. But my first batch in my old incubator they didn’t pop until the beginning of day 23 and into 24. There were only 5 that did. The rest never did and day 25 I called it.

First broody-hatched babies! One didn’t make it, it hatched but passed shortly after. These 3 we just removed from the flock today. So proud of all my Silkie ladies though, it truly was a village of mommas out there. 😂

Attachments

• 0CA0DDF5-6C00-4857-9E23-13BADBEAB250.jpeg
    0CA0DDF5-6C00-4857-9E23-13BADBEAB250.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • C77D8E07-98FD-4969-B9BC-A8B3DA5DF972.jpeg
    C77D8E07-98FD-4969-B9BC-A8B3DA5DF972.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom