Day 21 - No chicks hatching out or peeping or chirping or moving! Help

This is absolutely nerve wreking. My first time incubating eggs...today day 21 at 5h30am. No movement no nothing. I really hope some will hatch. ::0

Was your temperature during incubation too low at any point? Even 1*F under 99* could delay the hatch by as much as 24 hours!

What you can do to check for viability in your eggs is first of all candle them and look for a beak in the air sac. You may be able to see the chick busy working at the membrane, piping into the air sac. You could also tap the eggs. Hold them against your ear and tap them with your fingernail then listen for a response from the chick.

I've had eggs under ideal conditions hatch late before, so I think wait until tomorrow (day 24) and candle and tap again. Hopefully
fl.gif

You know I've been thinking about my temperature. I have a still air and have tried to keep my temp at 99.5, but I've read that it should be 101.2. What should it really be at?

In a still air it should be 101-102*F measured at the top of the eggs. In a forced air it should be 99*F. This could explain why your chicks are overdue... Any sign of life yet?

Back
Top Bottom