Day 21 no internal or external pips

X2. I’m rather hands-on with my hatches and I don’t have issues. Candling once is fine… water testing is not. If you have a slight pip or crack in the shell that wasn’t noticeable (happens often) water testing can kill them. Plus, it doesn’t give you any useful information.
Many thanks @BantyChooks that makes sense, if there’s already cracked that I just can’t see with naked eyes and I water test, i’ll just be devasted. I will NOT water test and will candle by EOD tonight if still no pipping. I appreciate your kind advice/response. 🙏🏼

Many thanks @BantyChooks that makes sense, if there’s already cracked that I just can’t see with naked eyes and I water test, i’ll just be devasted. I will NOT water test and will candle by EOD tonight if still no pipping. I appreciate your kind advice/response. 🙏🏼
Sounds like a good plan! Best of luck with your hatch and keep us updated. :fl

Sounds like a good plan! Best of luck with your hatch and keep us updated. :fl
Hi BantyChooks, still no peeping and no internal pipping when i candled really quick. I worry that the egg shells may be too thick to break through for them. the reason I say this is because since the batch came from our own chicken’s fertilized eggs (giants hen, and CQ hen x cochins roo roo and black australorp roos roo), I know for a fact that when I cook their eggs the shell is significantly thicker and richer than the first batch we hatched last year 😅. I will wait it out tonight and tomorrow 😅. Praying dearly for healthy chicks.

Hi BantyChooks, still no peeping and no internal pipping when i candled really quick. I worry that the egg shells may be too thick to break through for them. the reason I say this is because since the batch came from our own chicken’s fertilized eggs (giants hen, and CQ hen x cochins roo roo and black australorp roos roo), I know for a fact that when I cook their eggs the shell is significantly thicker and richer than the first batch we hatched last year 😅. I will wait it out tonight and tomorrow 😅. Praying dearly for healthy chicks.
If they internally pip and seem to be struggling to break through the shell, you can make a safety hole for peace of mind. However, if you haven't seen any internal pips, it's too soon for that. :fl Was there any drawdown visible when you candled?

If they internally pip and seem to be struggling to break through the shell, you can make a safety hole for peace of mind. However, if you haven't seen any internal pips, it's too soon for that. :fl Was there any drawdown visible when you candled?
Day 22 I now see pip!

Attachments

• IMG_8238.jpeg
    IMG_8238.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you again for your response. I see the air sac has drawn down, is that what you meant? 😅
Still no pipping but I thought I heart chirping but maybe just my imagination 😅. I’ll give it another day, tomorrow is Day 22.
Yes! Sorry for not specifying.
Day 22 I now see pip!
:wee :fl

Back
Top Bottom