Day 21 Not Hatched

Kathy Sue

Hatching
May 13, 2024
My incubator is on day 21, I see slight wobbly movement of 3 of 14 eggs for 2 days. Is that a good sign or bad like they can’t break out? I’m worried as it’s late for them! They are Gambel Quail.

My incubator is on day 21, I see slight wobbly movement of 3 of 14 eggs for 2 days. Is that a good sign or bad like they can’t break out? I’m worried as it’s late for them! They are Gambel Quail.
That is late for quail, sorry, can't do much now but wait and see!
Every egg that hatches is a small miracle, so really if anything hatches it is a good hatch, all you can do is try to do better next time, and you never know until it is over, maybe it will be a great hatch, maybe nuthatched is right!

Arriving! 3 down, 11 to go! What a joy and relief!

Attachments

• IMG_6574.jpeg
    IMG_6574.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 3
That is late for quail, sorry, can't do much now but wait and see!
Every egg that hatches is a small miracle, so really if anything hatches it is a good hatch, all you can do is try to do better next time, and you never know until it is over, maybe it will be a great hatch, maybe nuthatched is right!
13 of 14 hatched on Day 22 and all doing well!

13 of 14 hatched on Day 22 and all doing well!
Wow! That is pretty awesome! I am glad I was wrong! Why are they so late? Is it the breed? Aren't quail usually 18 days? But thank you for the update...I really love it when people give updates, and even more when it is a fantastic ending!

Wow! That is pretty awesome! I am glad I was wrong! Why are they so late? Is it the breed? Aren't quail usually 18 days? But thank you for the update...I really love it when people give updates, and even more when it is a fantastic ending!
Actually, 3 came on Day 22, then 10 on Day 23c counting the end of 24hrs as 1…
I have no idea why! But in my research on Google I found anywhere from 18-23. Call it quits on Day 25.

Back
Top Bottom