ravensravelry

Songster
Apr 20, 2023
Northeast Texas
I'm on day 21 (starting from the first 24 hours) incubating some barnyard mix babies and I'm getting worried because on day 18 the air cells looked fine to me (this is my second time hatching ever, my first attempt was unsuccessful) but I didn't see any movement in any of them. To be fair, they're blue and green eggs so it's hard to see through them in the first place, but most of them are full with a good sized air cell. My concern is that I saw no movement and nobody's pipped or moved still, I'm holding out until day 25 or 26 to take them out, but is this normal or should I be concerned?

id say its normal ... its very difficult to see movement unless the egg is light or white .. most of the time if theyre solid dark with a clear airsack theyre almost to pip and going to make it .. just dont jump the gun and rush to 'help' them, thats where id say 90% of problems originate in a late stage like that .. keep temp stable, and let them finish, thats the best strategy ...

id say its normal ... its very difficult to see movement unless the egg is light or white .. most of the time if theyre solid dark with a clear airsack theyre almost to pip and going to make it .. just dont jump the gun and rush to 'help' them, thats where id say 90% of problems originate in a late stage like that .. keep temp stable, and let them finish, thats the best strategy ...
Thank you so much! Patience is a virtue, lol, I'll give them until day 26 and hope for the best.

Okay so update, no one developed to the point where they even had feathers. I did a dry hatch and raised humidity during lockdown. I decided to check on day 23 because I had a bad feeling, nobody developed beyond the point of being a tiny embryo with just the eye. I have a farm innovator pro series digital model 42500-40W/120VAC. This is my second unsuccessful hatch from this incubator. At this point, what would be the best hydrometer and thermometer so I can try to calibrate it? I don't know if the indicator on the incubator was off or I did something. It's just disheartening to lose a whole clutch of eggs for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom