Day 22 and still nothing :(

SilkieChickenLover336

Songster
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
New Jersey
I am on day 22 of my hatch and I haven't seen a single movement, heard a single peep, or anything. My temps were between 99-100.05 and the humidity was around 30-40 the first 18 days and now it has held a constant 68% since day 18. I had a little problem because I put them in lockdown too soon because the app I had started at day 1 instead of day 0 which I didn't realize until my second hatch (this one) but I didn't do it until late day 17 anyways so I don't think it should have mattered. Also half the eggs were shipped and half were from a local breeder. Started out with 24 eggs and only 6 made it to lockdown. 3 from each breeder. What should be my next step? I'll be really bummed if I don't at least get one

I gave them a quick candle and I know that one egg is still alive but it has a very faint peep. I'm unsure what to do. It hasn't pipped yet internally either. Do I make a hole or just wait it out?

So really, it's day 21? Right there with you--it's day 21 and I've got rockers....I want to help but we definitely can't open the shell for them.... If the yolk isn't absorbed, they'll die.

Apparently they hatch late sometimes and it's normal. We just gotta be patient. :c

I've had some hatch with no movement or no peeps on day 24! So just be patient! DONT HELP. Is your incubator still air?

I'm having the same problem! Except 8 of mine hatched on day 19-20. Now 18 eggs left in there and no peeping or rocking or pip. Is it okay to candel then real quick since there are no pips, also on day 22.??

I'm having the same problem! Except 8 of mine hatched on day 19-20. Now 18 eggs left in there and no peeping or rocking or pip. Is it okay to candel then real quick since there are no pips, also on day 22.??

Same here. Had 5 of 15 hatch on day 20...day 22 and nothing. Eggtopsied and all dead in she'll. Don't know what happened.

Back
Top Bottom