day 22 of hatching and no pipp

Freitas farm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
So when I candle my eggs I see movement and looks like I see a beak when I candle. Should I help and make a lil hole or just let nature take its course?

definitely leave it to do its thing. this is what it is supposed to do. at this point, internal pip, everything is going well...from here, it could be hours still. When I get to internal pip, its about 12 hours later when they hatch. It's breathing air now.

Well I noticed the internal peep yesterday and still nothing this morning not even a lil crack : (

ya they are still absorbing yolk with much blood vessels. I think sometimes it can take another whole day. I have 3 with the internal pips today. Yay!

Ok cool thanks you for responding : ) lots of hatchings coming your way. Let me know how it goes.

Well im sad to say still nothing and I canlded them just now and I dont see no movement in all 4 : ( I wonder what I did wrong?

not necessarily anything wrong. They can rest a lot before they hatch as there is no room to move.

If your eggs are late, you can water candle. Fill a deep bowl with about 4" of warm water 100-102F. Let it rest until the water is still.

Pull your eggs from the incubator one or two at a time and float them in the bowl. Eggs with "mature" air sacks will tilt in the bowl, that's fine. Watch for ripples after the eggs have been in the bowl a minute or so. The slightest movement of the embryo will rock the egg in the water and create ripples. Those are still alive.

Of course, don't do this on externally pipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom