Day 22 under Silkie. None have pipped! I candled and I think I see movement. Will they live?!

algtrim

Hatching
May 20, 2023
Today is day 22 for my barnyard mix chicken eggs that my silkie is sitting on. None have pipped yet so I was worried and decided to candle them. I do see movement in some of the eggs with what seems like large air cells (harder to see through the green eggs). Could they just be behind? I don’t want them to die so close to hatching and now I feel guilty for candling. Any advice appreciated!

same with incubating, best thing to do is relax and let it happen lol .. they may indeed be late .. id just be sure in that situation, theres a seperation from the rest of the flock so none of the others can possibly get to the nest and cause carnage ..

same with incubating, best thing to do is relax and let it happen lol .. they may indeed be late .. id just be sure in that situation, theres a seperation from the rest of the flock so none of the others can possibly get to the nest and cause carnage ..
I will try to leave them alone now 😅 she is in her own crate separated from the others and happily sitting on the nest so I’m holding out hope! Thanks!

Today is day 22 for my barnyard mix chicken eggs that my silkie is sitting on. None have pipped yet so I was worried and decided to candle them. I do Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox see movement in some of the eggs with what seems like large air cells (harder to see through the green eggs). Could they just be behind? I don’t want them to die so close to hatching and now I feel guilty for candling. Any advice appreciated!
At day 22, some chicken eggs may not have pipped yet, and that is not uncommon. The hatching process can vary, and not all eggs will hatch simultaneously. Some eggs might be a little delayed in their development, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't hatch successfully.

Back
Top Bottom