Day 23 I can see them moving in the shell when I candle them but no pips, no cheeps no rolling

Three beautiful baby chicks have hatched this morning! Unbelievable! Even if that is all that hatch it's a miracle considering that they have been through. I will keep you posted. Again many thanks! Because of all the information on this website & forums I know what to do!

That is AMAZING news!!! I am so happy for you!!! You're right that it's a hatching miracle -- especially since they're so late. Congratulations on a job very well done!

wee.gif

congrats! and that just shows you how hens are able to keep their eggs warm even during the cold temperatures and in your case a snow storm :p They are very good at keeping them safe and warm from anything.

This is such an unbelievable process! I feel like a rooster wanting to crow but I have done nothing but buy an incubator & watch & worry. So far 8 babies seemingly healthy with 2 more pipped. Wow! Today is at least day 28 because I have no idea how long the hen was sitting on the eggs before I found her. I have no idea what kind of chicks they are other than they came from brown eggs & mom was white with a few black tipped feathers on her back. (Remember the hen was not mine.) Thank you again for holding my hand through this....and I will post pictures I promise.

Back
Top Bottom