Day 27 of duck eggs, need input!

I just saw you got them from Metzer. They probably take good care of their breeding birds.
Shipped duck eggs and large eggs don't do very well, especially if they go through a rough post office handling.
Your eggs are not incubating well either, your temperatures are way off.
I usually incubate my duck eggs at around 100'F they do better warmer than cooler.

I just saw you got them from Metzer. They probably take good care of their breeding birds.
Shipped duck eggs and large eggs don't do very well, especially if they go through a rough post office handling.
Your eggs are not incubating well either, your temperatures are way off.
I usually incubate my duck eggs at around 100'F they do better warmer than cooler.
The temp as said by the thermometer is 99.5, but yeah I'm pretty sure during the incubation it was too low, did not keep it high enough until recently. Honestly just me not doing what I should have been early. The egg I just showed btw is being active suddenly, I saw it poking at the air bubble, could just be nothing though. I think it way to early to hatch as apparent from how the other one had developed.

The temp during incubation was definitely too low. But since day 25-26 they have been 99.5 or just below. I'm a bit too scared to turn it up more then that.

Thank you for your information, I will try to do better next time If there is ever a next time XD probably will be sometime but yeah. I did do alot of research before had and I have done this before.

Very sad though. Hopefully one will pull through :0

I used a food thermometer and a oral and they both said about the same for the temp. The incubator is inaccurate, while it said 99 the oral and food said 96.

But! ONE egg may be hatching. I can see it pecking! And it did wiggle! And I swear I heard very small noises. ONE egg may have survived all of the horrible temperatures and seems to be attempting to survive. I got so happy I FREAKED and just stared at the egg for like 5 minutes.

But thank you, the temp was inaccurate, but maybe. Despite that fact. One egg may have survived. Omg. Anyway. Honestly. Can't be too happy yet. But I can't help it:/ anyway.

Day 30, both eggs have internally pipped or shadowed or something. The largest egg has done it more so, the shadow area has continued to grow and the redness/ yellowish liquid is beginning to shrink and get a bit less prominent. The air cell has actually gotten more noticeable.

Ok the images are of today, morning of day 31. Alot of butterfly movements but nothing external. Hard to tell but . A large portion of the air cell has been replaced with darkness. Still alot of movement. There is now only one place visible in the egg, and it's a small patch with yellow and some veins, definitely getting smaller tho. Worried as HECK . The camera makes the shadow look pretty light, but in really the area under the egg is all dark and pushing into the air sac.

I was scared maybe it was turned the wrong way because I say something on the internet about it, but there isn't any miscolored spots or hills of any kind. So yeah. I can see it poking and alot of butterfly movements.

Attachments

• IMG_20220214_082447961.jpg
    IMG_20220214_082447961.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220214_082540659.jpg
    IMG_20220214_082540659.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220214_082549012.jpg
    IMG_20220214_082549012.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 5
Day 30, both eggs have internally pipped or shadowed or something. The largest egg has done it more so, the shadow area has continued to grow and the redness/ yellowish liquid is beginning to shrink and get a bit less prominent. The air cell has actually gotten more noticeable.

Ok the images are of today, morning of day 31. Alot of butterfly movements but nothing external. Hard to tell but . A large portion of the air cell has been replaced with darkness. Still alot of movement. There is now only one place visible in the egg, and it's a small patch with yellow and some veins, definitely getting smaller tho. Worried as HECK . The camera makes the shadow look pretty light, but in really the area under the egg is all dark and pushing into the air sac.

I was scared maybe it was turned the wrong way because I say something on the internet about it, but there isn't any miscolored spots or hills of any kind. So yeah. I can see it poking and alot of butterfly movements.
what happened in the end?

Back
Top Bottom