Day 6 Photos

I just told my neighbor and she says that she will have more Sunday for me to pick up. She is going to leave them under the hen. Do you have any suggestions? Dry incubate? temp?

I agree your eggs look to be clears. I use the dry hatching method. I don't add any water until day 18. My humidity levels have been 18-25% and everything is just fine. My humidity for my hatching incubator is 50% since they produce their own humidity when hatching. I drowned my last batch by having too high of humidity. So I am not going to worry about it unless it goes below 40% I only candle a few times. Days 4,7.14 and 18. Some only canldy days 7,14,18. and some dont candle at all. I turn my eggs 3 times a day. keep my temp 100-102. Out of the 10 I've set I only had one clear, one quitter. Then one that I thought was a quitter until I cracked it. We lock down tomorrow. Hope I helped! Good luck!

I just told my neighbor and she says that she will have more Sunday for me to pick up.  She is going to leave them under the hen.  Do you have any suggestions?  Dry incubate? temp? 

I personally wouldn't want them left under hen. I would see if she could collect them, stored pointy end down in egg cartons somewhere cool. As for incubation I have never tried dry incubation. I have forced air incubator so incubate at 37.5 Celsius I have humidity at 45% day 1-18 then 65% at lockdown. I have a Brinsea with pump so I don't have to worry about humidity it sorts it's self out. If you have still air the temp is a little higher 101-102 F. I have the auto turner but before I did I turned five times a day. Hope you have better look with your next batch of eggs.:frow

I'm afraid I'm going to have to start over. I had to a bus for the school all day and just got home. Checked on them and the temp was outrageous at close to 110. I have no idea how that happened. It's been sitting steady. I think someone messed with it while I was gone , ya think?

So depressed :hit:barnie

As a newbie should I purchase day old chicks ? If so where is a good reliable place to purchase from. I'm in Texas so closer would be nice. The shipping charges are outrageous

Good morning! We'll today I start with a few more eggs. They are being delivered in less than 45 mins

I'm not going to put any water in the incubator, leave both plugs in and cross our fingers

There won't be very many. Any suggestions as to where in the incubator I should place them? All together under one window, directly under heating elements, etc?

Ty all for your help. You're all awesome

Back
Top Bottom