Day 7 candling pics on my DIY computer case incubator

CluckEmUp

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2024
Here are the pictures, I'm afraid egg's 5 & 6 might not make it (#5 MAY have veins, but it's a dark egg and very difficult to see, #6 has nothing). Excuse me for the mediocre images, I think my phone light just isn't good enough. I may have to buy a stronger flashlight.

How do the rest look (as far as you can tell)?

#1 (tons of veins, dark growth in center)
Egg 1.jpg

#2 (this and #1 have the most visible veins, small growth in center and another growth by the looks of it.. probably the same thing just in a more advanced stage, moving around by itself)
Egg2.jpg

#3 (tons of veins, dark growth in the center that's sort of moving around like in #2 - it might just be the beating heart but I'm too much of an amateur to tell)
Egg3.jpg

#4 (sorry, dark egg, very difficult to see on the picture, personally I saw a few veins though)
Egg4.jpg

#5 (very dark egg, I think I saw a vein but it's impossible to see on this picture)
Egg5.jpg

#6 (nothing here but a yolk)
Egg6.jpg

Is there no hope for #6 by this stage or should I wait till day 14?
Personally #1,2 and 3 look the most promising. The others are too difficult to tell yet.

Day 7 you should see some veins and a "blob" in the middle. If you're only seeking like a yolk floating around in there, it's called a "clear" and it's no good. It was most likely not fertilized but could be other reasons why it never started.

What I do is put a question mark in pencil on the eggs I'm just not so sure about. Then when I candle them on the 14th day (sometimes I skip that one and go right to day of lockdown), I'll pay close attention to the ones I marked to be sure if they're bad I get rid of them. I've hatched a few that had question marks on the egg. :)

Day 7 you should see some veins and a "blob" in the middle. If you're only seeking like a yolk floating around in there, it's called a "clear" and it's no good. It was most likely not fertilized but could be other reasons why it never started.

What I do is put a question mark in pencil on the eggs I'm just not so sure about. Then when I candle them on the 14th day (sometimes I skip that one and go right to day of lockdown), I'll pay close attention to the ones I marked to be sure if they're bad I get rid of them. I've hatched a few that had question marks on the egg. :)
Thanks, yea all the 4 eggs have veins and that "blob", just the last two dont.. but I will wait and see how they look by day 14!

Back
Top Bottom