Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
My mother started incubating her duck eggs seven days ago. They're being hand turned 3-4 times a day, and she got them straight from a breeder, no shipping or rough handling besides brushing off the clumped mud and crap. Tonight while candling them she noticed multiple egg yolks were moving from the center of the egg and were kinda sticking to the sidewalls. I have never seen this happen before and I'm wondering if she should even keep incubating them? Has anyone seen this before? What could cause it?

My mother started incubating her duck eggs seven days ago. They're being hand turned 3-4 times a day, and she got them straight from a breeder, no shipping or rough handling besides brushing off the clumped mud and crap. Tonight while candling them she noticed multiple egg yolks were moving from the center of the egg and were kinda sticking to the sidewalls. I have never seen this happen before and I'm wondering if she should even keep incubating them? Has anyone seen this before? What could cause it?
Since she's turning them, wouldn't this be the duckling growing? If it's 7 days, there's a possibility you could see some veins and perhaps movement. You could wait and candle again at 12-15 days and see what they look like then, just to be sure.

Since she's turning them, wouldn't this be the duckling growing? If it's 7 days, there's a possibility you could see some veins and perhaps movement. You could wait and candle again at 12-15 days and see what they look like then, just to be sure.
Normally ducklings stay semi centered and their movements look more like twitches and heart beats, this was like the whole yolk was just floating around. I didn't see any heartbeats or veins.

Normally ducklings stay semi centered and their movements look more like twitches and heart beats, this was like the whole yolk was just floating around. I didn't see any heartbeats or veins.
That floating around part doesn't sound good to me. That's how unfertilized ones look, or what some call "clears."

Back
Top Bottom