Day 7 of incubation "Look Correct" Bob's

Wayback

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2016
Southern, MD
Yet another first timer, I was able to wait until day seven to take a look. Maybe I should have checked earlier. I have a Little Giant incubator. There is a small fan in the top. The humidity has been at 32-36 since everything settled in. The temp has been between 100-101. I set 100 eggs after letting them sit for 12 hours after receiving the from ups. Candeled them on the way in and drew a circle around what I saw to be the air sack. Two had bubbles and one was on the small end, mmmmmm. Now on day 7, I no longer see the air sack, they are darker on the top and appear to be clear at the bottom. I am able to see vien development in the upper portions. Is this correct, or have I led them to the compost tent.

Last edited:
The air sack on top has returned!! ya The center is now dark with viens visible in bottom. What do you feel the humidity should be? Did find a couple duds this time.

It is now day 15.

Just to keep this thread updated. Day 20 and 86% fertilitiy rate on shipped eggs. The rest of the batch went into lockdown this afternoon. Air sacks on top of all others and dark through the center. Now it just that wait and see game. Brooder is ready, 97*, crushed oyster shells and 28% feed crushed, water and food on cool side of brooder.
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom