Day light savings Rant

feather and mountain man

Corn fed Indiana farmgirl
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Thanks a lot Mr Franklin. I can't get used to the change twice a year and neither can my critters. Uhg

I think it is silly and does not help anyone. It is just silly to keep changing the clocks.

Really does not matter if we use energy or not, still the same in reversed time uses. What energy in the morning you use, would be used the same in the evening.

Even resetting the internal clock one hour is a pain in the butt. And you're right, studies have shown that there is no power saved. And for people who worry about kids being at dark bus stops in the morning, guess what, there will always be at least a few weeks when most kids stand at the bus stop in the dark during the winter even with daylight savings. I did it when I had to ride the bus, and didn't mind other than being cold because it was winter, but even if it was light out, doesn't change the negative temperatures in the dead of winter much!

I hate it. Ridiculous idea.

Course, it doesn't help when DH changes all the clocks in the house before I wake, and then I don't know if the hour change has occurred or not, and have to look up the time online
smile.png

Huh, could have sworn part of the modern pro argument for not abolishing daylight savings is the benefit of kids not going to school in the dark. I know it used to be for farmers, but with the advent of modern farming technologies, that old use for daylight savings isn't as useful, even if it was the original purpose.

Back
Top Bottom