Day old Bantams! Can anyone tell me what kind?

The problem with day olds is that you can never know a hundred percent what they are. Luckily the ones with the feathered shanks help narrow it down, there are no muffs or bearts or signs of crest so the first one (which I think it a mottled cochin) second one, fourth one and fifth one are cochins. But if you were to re-post pictures by three to four weeks of age there are sure to be more telltale signs of breed.

The problem with day olds is that you can never know a hundred percent what they are. Luckily the ones with the feathered shanks help narrow it down, there are no muffs or bearts or signs of crest so the first one (which I think it a mottled cochin) second one, fourth one and fifth one are cochins. But if you were to re-post pictures by three to four weeks of age there are sure to be more telltale signs of breed.
x2

x3

x4

Back
Top Bottom