Day Old Chicks

morganponies2

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
We've had nothing but stalling since we placed our order with Hodges Farms in Georgia on April 30th. Repeated emails tell us we are first in line for the next hatch, but no matter that we are first, the response tells us that other orders were filled before ours and that if we will just be patient, our order will be filled. Anyone else had this problem? Think Backyard Chickens should know about it. Money taken, but no chicks for months! Maybe rethink this breeder????

Rethink the breeder. As long as you haven't paid them yet and they haven't fulfilled their part of the transaction I see no reason why you would continue business with them, now and in the future. Anyway, it is their loss because you can tell other people about your experience and they would lose more future customers. And welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif
!

If it's been that long and you keep getting put off then I think I would demand a refund and move on to somebody else. If you paid by credit card you can call them and have the charges reversed but don't wait too long as I think there may be a time limit on that. Personally I am very picky about letting things drag on to long once I've paid for something.

Think on the bright side. At least you get them. I ordered chicks, but could not get them, since I have to move to Philidelphia!!!! I very strongly dislike Philidelphia. Well,
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup...that's what we're going to do. Ask for a refund. We gave them the full 8 weeks to deliver and that has ended with another promise of 'first in line for the July 18th hatching'.......now the ball is in our court. Posted this just as a warning to thers that there are folks out there that take your money and simply can't fill the orders for whatever reason. This is one to beware of. Good luck to all you chicken folks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom