Day one in the incubator. How do I increase the humidity?

Large air sack means to high the air sack will get smaller when the humidity is high it will get large when it's to low it will be small

I'm sorry, but with no punctuation in this comment, I have absolutely no idea what you're saying.
sad.png

It is now day 6. I just candled a couple of the eggs and discovered huge air sacks! Like the ones on day 26-27 on the drawing! I was able to maintain 55-65% during the last 5 days. Should I continue to maintain this humidity, try to boost it, or are these eggs doomed? I could see some veining.

Can you re-candle them and mark their air cells with a pencil? Then then post pictures of them?

-Kathy

Large air sack means to high the air sack will get smaller when the humidity is high it will get large when it's to low it will be small

I'm sorry, but with no punctuation in this comment, I have absolutely no idea what you're saying.  :(

I think what they mean is:

Humidity too low = large air cell
Humidity too high = small air cell

-Kathy

]
Honestly, 45-55% humidity is best during incubation anyway. I would leave your set-up as is and just monitor air cell size. If your air cells are too small, you need lower humidity. If they are too big, you need to raise it. Here is a pretty good chart for duck egg air cell size on different days of incubation:
X2. -Kathy

I candled another that had no veins and a tiny air sack, kind of even color across the board. So I'm guessing that one was not fertile. My pair is not super affectionate, so I wasn't sure how many would be fertile.

Back
Top Bottom