Day one on the road to becoming smoke free.

Way to go!!!

I'm almost at 4 weeks using the e-cig. Discovered it about a year ago on this board and did pretty well, but didn't keep at it. Decided to try again and it is worked very good. Not easy at first, but better than anything I had tried in the past.

I still think about smoking and have cravings, but they are not as bad as the first week. Getting through the first three days smoke free were the hardest.

DH is struggling a bit more, but he has dropped about a pack a day in the last few days. I still have hope it will work out for him too. After seeing what Wellbutrin did to him I'm afraid for him or me to try the Chantix. (He didn't stop smoking on it and became a different person.)

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Your chicken buds are here to keep cheering you on! Are you beginning to notice any improvements yet? If not, just wait and you'll soon begin to notice new flavors and aromas you never could detect before.

You could also start setting aside the $$$ you would have been spending on cigs and see how quickly it adds up to an impressive amount. There are so many other more worthwhile things you could spend that money on besides going up in smoke and damaging your health.

woot.gif
Keep up the great work, it's worth the effort!

Quote:
Congratulations!! Great decision to quit! You will always be glad you made that choice. So glad you have found the way to make it work for you! I have heard great things about Chantix and how well it works. Awesome!

In all honesty, I probably would never have been brave enough to make that decision for myself, and instead quit 14 years ago after suffering a heart attack. My angioplasty took place at the world famous Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. The cardiologists there told me that nicotine is a very powerful drug, but the physical addiction to nicotine is gone in 48 hours. He offered a few tips to break the habits associated with smoking, the most important being to change your routines. If a cup of coffee makes you want to smoke, drink tea. If you light up when you answer your phone, pick up a straw and twirl it in your fingers or don't answer your phone unless you know it's an important call. You get my drift.

When I went to the hospital I had a nearly full pack of cigarettes in my purse. I finally threw them away 10 weeks later when they were mostly just papers and filters with the stale tobacco spread throughout my purse. People wondered why I did that, but they were a reminder to me that the decision was mine to make. The knowledge that I was STRONG enough to reject them made me feel so powerful. Please keep this thought in your mind as you go through the coming days. YOU are strong already!! Hats off to you!

WIshing you continued success!!
hugs.gif

Congratulations! Your success in quitting smoking could become the template for many other future successes for you!

I stopped cold turkey before my daughter was born just over two years ago. At $6.50 a pack, I've saved $5401.50 and didn't smoke 16,620 cigarettes. I'd smoked about a pack a day for 22 years. At this point, my lungs don't hurt anymore and I look forward to bike rides. My favorite part has to be being free of the bondage. No more worries about running out of cigarettes. No cravings and no more fits.

Keep up the good work! I wish you the best.

Hi B! I'm quit for 8 weeks. Feeling really good and so will you. Still want one now and then but I'm easily distracted, ha ha. I'm rooting for your successful journey. cathiesue

Well i'm on day 6 of being smoke free. I have to say that Chantixs has been a blessing. I have made the transition from a 2-2.5 pack a day smoker to ZERO with no stress or anxiety. I'm feeling better everyday. I'm able to smell now that is good and bad, lol. I've been cleaning the house and car and feel great when I can tell my co-workers that are smokers " do you realize that you stink", lol. I'm here to tell you smokers it is so worth trying to quit now. I'm here to support you and so is the rest of our chicken community!! Thanks to everyone for all your support and postive comments and the stories of how you quit andyour reasons for doing so. Please keep them coming!!!

Last edited:
I have been smoke free for almost 3 years now. I tried all the drugs to help me quit, the patches, laser treatment, you name it i did it all with no results lasting over a few weeks quit. I smoked for around 20 years 3 packs a day at the end. So new years eve 3 years this year i made up my mind that it im gonna quit with that im thinking when do i smoke the least being the season and all i tied quite a one on new years even spent the next 3 days on the couch and havent smoked a cig since.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom