Dbl checking culling is the right thing to do...

Lee-Anna

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
I posted on here a few days ago. But here are my thoughts and would like to see if others agree. I found one if our 10 week old chicks just laying around will only stand up if she has to. I'm feeling like this is not an injury but instead maybe something genetic or a deformity that's getting worse as she gets bigger. She is much much smaller than the other birds, we are keeping her inside the house in a cat carrier with the lid off and she isn't trying to walk around. She only is laying down. She is drinking, eating and pooping. But last night I put her in the coop with the others for the night to see how she would do. This morning several hours after sunrise when I made it out there she had not moved from where we put her, not even down where food and water was. Brought her back inside and she drank quiet a bit and layed down. She will not get up and walk around, but I'm unable to find any injuries except one foot does look different than the other a little. The thumb is smaller and she doesn't seem to use it....But the fact that she is sooo much smaller makes me think there is more going on. If she had been in the coop this whole time she would have died for sure already. Any other thoughts?

I have have no experience w anything like this. I assume someone who does will scan the emergency forum and be able to advise you....Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom