Oh my gosh you are so smart! Haha! Didn’t think of hanging them “away” from the coops. 🤪😅. How far away do you hang them? I figure they cover a certain radius, probably.
Mine were hung about 30 feet away from the coop. I've never had problems in the coop or run, just in the "chicken yard". Those mostly went away after I got rid of the traps. They seemed to be pulling them in from somewhere else!

I had a mite issue so I sprayed the inside of my coops with permethrin. I have poop pits under the roosts I clean out and when I sprayed I also sprayed in the poop pits. I did have an fly issue too. The permethrin eliminated the mites and also the flies. I also use fly rolls.

Attachments

• FlyRoll.jpg
    FlyRoll.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210623_184717.jpg
    20210623_184717.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 3
I had a mite issue so I sprayed the inside of my coops with permethrin. I have poop pits under the roosts I clean out and when I sprayed I also sprayed in the poop pits. I did have an fly issue too. The permethrin eliminated the mites and also the flies. I also use fly rolls.
I’ll give these a try next! Looks like they get the job done. The very first time I tried fly ribbon INSIDE the coop and it stuck to my poor girls :(

Mine were hung about 30 feet away from the coop. I've never had problems in the coop or run, just in the "chicken yard". Those mostly went away after I got rid of the traps. They seemed to be pulling them in from somewhere else!
I changed out the traps yesterday and put up two new ones, a distance from the coop. There are still flies but not nearly as bad as there was before, and the traps are still snagging them. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom