dear chickens....

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
Life is good here I know. I know I've spoiled you rotten and showered you with treats. I know how much you enjoy coming to perch on the chair with me as I sit and watch chicken TV, drinking my coffee and trying to wake up as the sun sets...but for the love of all things somewhat clean...please stay OFF the porch...and forget the dog door exists or that the laundry room on the other side of the cool little flap has a yummy bowl of kitten food. The kitten now thinks we are starving him to death and trying to give him a heart attack when this GIANT bird comes to greet him.

Dexter the kitten is 6 weeks old. Bo the chicken is like 5 times the size of him...he's terrified of her

LOL!!That was great made my day.Hopefully it wont take long for him to get used to her.Who knows maybe they will become bfs.
Our other cats get along with the chickens great. they are respectful of each other, and it's really really funny when I throw some boiled chicken into the yard for the cats dogs and fowl. They are side by side fighting over pieces of meat, stealing from each other, taking pieces and running.

Our other cats get along with the chickens great. they are respectful of each other, and it's really really funny when I throw some boiled chicken into the yard for the cats dogs and fowl. They are side by side fighting over pieces of meat, stealing from each other, taking pieces and running.

That would be a sight to see.Its great they all get along.Would not trust my dogs with my chickens.Its still a work in progress.They do get along with my cat even sleeping together when its cold out.

one of the dogs doesn't do well with SMALL things, like little chicks, She wants to play and well, chicks necks are fragile.
Once they get big she is fine with them and mainly ignores them, until they are eating something she wants, then she will sit and beg from them. The other dog sees herself as a chickie/baby momma and guardian.She worries when they are in meltdown mode and cheeping loud, or when the kitten is fussing Snickers gets all worried and sits there whining until we show her they are ok. There was a sparrow in the chicken pen yesterday, snickers had a meltdown because it wouldn't leave. She won't let birds land in the yard if her chickens are out...and squirrels...the last one didn't dare come back and I think told it's friends not to try(the dumb dog even has a fit if they run across the power lines over the yard)

Ah, the 'Dear Chicken' letter. So, they use the critter door and invite themselves in the house? That's funny!

Back
Top Bottom