Decorating your coop for the holidays šŸŽ„

CHlCKEN

Addict
Jun 21, 2020
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
Iā€™ve never really done this before but I thought it would be fun to decorate my chicken run for Christmas this year. I did not get to celebrate the holidays in 2022 so Iā€™m doing it all up this year to make up for the loss. I found some outdoor lights and ornaments that I set up on the outside and out of reach from their little beaks. My tractor supply down the road has a lot of awesome Christmas barn/coop decorations that Iā€™d like to get my hands on sometime soon. Lights are set up on a dusk-to-dawn timer. No photos now because itā€™s not dark yet, but Iā€™ll update with some later tonight if I donā€™t forget.

Iā€™d love to see if anyone else has decorated for their birds either this year or in the years past.

IMG_7765.jpeg
IMG_7764.jpeg
IMG_7762.jpeg
IMG_7758.jpeg
IMG_7760.jpeg
IMG_7761.jpeg
IMG_7757.jpeg

Beautiful coop! The birds must be so confused šŸ¤£
They go to bed promptly at sundown, lights are on a dusk-to-dawn timer so they don't turn on until they have gone in for the night. I believe they're off by the morning too. They have always had some sort of lights on that run so it's not too surprising this time. Lights also seem to deter some predators so that is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom