Decrowing Roosters.

Decrowing Roosters, Positive or Negative??

• Positive

Votes: 239 61.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 153 39.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I'm working on it. They are older rescue hens I'm hoping it will get better.Giving them time to adjust to the better surroundings and get healthy.

Get a spray bottle and a squirt when they act ugly...doesn't hurt them..but maybe it'll addjust their attitudes...use water

Resue hens? Like from a shelter or caged poultry farm? I boycott the caged poultry farms...they abuse and neglect
Their hens...all for cheap floppy eggs to sell at the super market....gloppy not floppy ...crazy spell correct

They throw the day old cockerel chicks in a grinder..Alive...they put the day old pullets heads in a machine that chops off the beaks...they are thrown and tossed like used tissue paper...then they spend the rest of their short miserable life in a cage with four other hens

And have as much room as a sheet of paper...they get sick....no treatment ...they die and the other hens have to live with it...no wonder we have samanilla outbreaks....all in the name of cheap eggs..sounds like buying abuse...oh if egg production goes down they starve them for two weeks...

Resue hens? Like from a shelter or caged poultry farm? I boycott the caged poultry farms...they abuse and neglect
Their hens...all for cheap floppy eggs to sell at the super market....gloppy not floppy ...crazy spell correct
No not from a commercial farm just some lady. 18 birds in 4x4 coop, no run, with poor feed. I took 7 but didn't have room for the rest. The same day I got 3 from an old man who turns them out at age 2 to fend for themselves because they don't lay anymore. They've been with me a little over a week I get 3-4 eggs a day.Now when they get healthy I figure they will do even better. 2 will go if they don't stop attacking, 1 keeps trying to eat the eggs, and the EE hasn't layed yet. They have until quarantine is over ( mid Dec) to improve.

Back
Top Bottom