Decrowing Roosters.

Decrowing Roosters, Positive or Negative??

• Positive

Votes: 239 61.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 153 39.0%

• Total voters
Pics
No not from a commercial farm just some lady. 18 birds in 4x4 coop, no run, with poor feed. I took 7 but didn't have room for the rest. The same day I got 3 from an old man who turns them out at age 2 to fend for themselves because they don't lay anymore. They've been with me a little over a week I get 3-4 eggs a day.Now when they get healthy I figure they will do even better. 2 will go if they don't stop attacking, 1 keeps trying to eat the eggs, and the EE hasn't layed yet. They have until quarantine is over ( mid Dec) to improve.

Wow that is insane well good luck with that how do you fit that many birds in a 4x4 with no run. UGH I have 11 in a 8x24 coop/run with free ranging, then 3 yougins and 3 delicates in a small coop with a 5x6 run the three youngins will go to the large coop when big enough. And let chickens loose well IDK about people, I mean not to be morbid but he can cull then and have a freezer full of chicken. I mean older birds aren't the greatest but it's something as I see it.

Rajesh is settled in very well and is crowing less it seems or I just stopped listening for it. Funny he met my one neighbor the other day and he said I can't wait to hear him and I was like stay at the fence and keep your eye on him and he might but, probably more like 4:30 5am and come to the fence and listen. So if he hasn't heard him yet then it's working great because we've had him for some time now and the coop is closet to his house.

One of my nieghbors told me last week I can keep my birds as long as I don't get a roo. Daryl has been here since June.lol. What he doesn't know won't hurt me. As far as fitting 18 into a 4x4 coop. It there were a lot of ramps/shelves on the walls but it wasnt pretty.

No not from a commercial farm just some lady. 18 birds in 4x4 coop, no run, with poor feed. I took 7 but didn't have room for the rest. The same day I got 3 from an old man who turns them out at age 2 to fend for themselves because they don't lay anymore. They've been with me a little over a week I get 3-4 eggs a day.Now when they get healthy I figure they will do even better. 2 will go if they don't stop attacking, 1 keeps trying to eat the eggs, and the EE hasn't layed yet. They have until quarantine is over ( mid Dec) to improve.
I see...its a shame that people treat their chickens like that...I wish I could have taken some...so I hope that they improve in health and attitude...GOD BLESS YOU

Who owned the ones who attack? I'm not sure what to tell you about egg eating...IV not had that problem to conteñd with..but IV read its a hard habit to break...do yoou provide crushed oyster shells for calcium?..try leaving plastic Easter eggs or goLf balls in the nest

Free ranging with the girls and keep an eye on that hawk that has circling my flock for some time now he's doing a great job protecting them I find hiding in the coop some days, until i come out then even he will come running towards me! Best investment for my flock.

Ill bet...beautiful bird he is...but IV read some horror stories about roos..I don't want one now

Dr james will help you with temperment.

The horror stories go with any living thing i work in the pet industry. I just take it as it comes.

Thanks next year when he goes through an adult molt i think he will look even better basically replacing the tail feathers my barred rock removed!

Back
Top Bottom