Decrowing Roosters.

Decrowing Roosters, Positive or Negative??

• Positive

Votes: 239 61.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 153 39.0%

• Total voters
Pics
It is no different than spaying or neutering a cat or dog. Any surgery on an animal is risky period. We do those things so we can live peacefully with our pets, it is no different to decrow. I had my roosters decrowed today and when I brought them home, they acted like nothing ever happened. When I brought my puppy home from being neutered, he yelped like a big baby for two days. If anyone has a pet they have had spayed or neutered, they can not say a dang thing about decrowing it would be hypocritical. I can now keep my beloved Lyle and Fancy Pants and not have to rehome them to no telling who that could do no telling what to them. Thank you to the veterinarians that will do this procedure!

Well I am very happy with my rooster from Dr. James. I will not personify chickens as they are not humans with that said I will give them the best "chicken" life possible. My rooster does his rooster duties and does them quite well he free ranges with his girls and shows off his quiet crow all the time basically the hens hear it and it's all that matters to him.

Awesome mine will be getting done in the next hour. Love the feed not to keen on those who posyed negative humuan related sinarios:D
Corinna

the decrowing has occurred my rooster is recovering but challenged with labored breathing I attribute to pain and his comb and woddles are raspberry red I have given meloxicam and buprenex anything else I should do?.. he seems very distressed. subq fluids ???

Ask Dr James. But I would keep with what you are doing and give him peace and quiet so he can rest. They are tuff but checking on them alot can cause more stress.

Back
Top Bottom