Quacking ducks

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
I have a friend that is Hatching eggs with her kids as a homeschool project,They started incubating about three hours ago in the incubator. Will it affect the eggs if they delay them by a day and start it tomorrow now after they’ve already been incubating for three hours? they didn’t realize that with starting them today they will in the hatching on a Sunday and they will be gone most of the day so they’d rather if possible wait until tomorrow so that they’ll hatch on a Monday will that cause a problem for the Eggs?

I have a friend that is Hatching eggs with her kids as a homeschool project,They started incubating about three hours ago in the incubator. Will it affect the eggs if they delay them by a day and start it tomorrow now after they’ve already been incubating for three hours? they didn’t realize that with starting them today they will in the hatching on a Sunday and they will be gone most of the day so they’d rather if possible wait until tomorrow so that they’ll hatch on a Monday will that cause a problem for the Eggs?
ducks are stupid sometimes, and forget what day to hatch. even if you delay, one of them might hatch early. it would not be worth it, because you would need to check anyway.

I think you'll be fine. I have hens that take that long to lay anyways in a nestbox. But some will still be hatching on Sunday or Tuesday possibly. Some are just faster and slower than the average

3 hours is inconsequential, but its going to be difficult to target a single day when theyll hatch, it will be within 3 days of the predicted time generally .. eggs tend to start and stop development sporadically the first few days anyway, if its over 80f theyre moving forward to some degree so its most common theyll hatch earlier than expected anyway .. i wouldnt let them chill though at this point ie leaving them sit in an ac'ed room .. trying to cool them to delay hatching is risky and will likely cause some percentage of failed eggs ..

Back
Top Bottom