Incubating refrigerated eggs

KimS1980

Hatching
Feb 14, 2024
After My Azur passed suddenly we decided to try and incubate her last two eggs we had of hers. They were in the fridge for a few days because we did not intend to incubate her eggs. When I candles them, they looked good and was developing but now we are passed 21 days and no chicks. Would them being in the fridge delay hatching or development?

I have limited experience, but I suspect they would be at least a day behind if you put them right in the incubator. My refrigerated egg was first to hatch, but I let the eggs sit out for 24 hours before putting them in the incubstor.

I've successfully incubated chicken and duck eggs from the refrigerator. Some have been in the fridge for longer than 7 days and still hatched. I've only had to do this when I'm setting up eggs in the incubator and I'm short a few to make a whole tray.

I've successfully incubated chicken and duck eggs from the refrigerator. Some have been in the fridge for longer than 7 days and still hatched. I've only had to do this when I'm setting up eggs in the incubator and I'm short a few to make a whole tray.
We just hatched 9 under to broody hens ,OEGB, 5 under one 4 under another, 100% hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom