Delmarva Members, where to find bitties for laying?

Bird Hearder

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Salisbury, Md.
Do any of you members around Delmarva know where to buy Babies at? I have been all over the feed stores here along the Md/ De. line without any luck.
sad.png

I want to find them before the 4 I already have get to big.
any Leads apreciated.
Thanks

I do have a friend that grows for Perdue and said I could have a few, but I don't know how good the meat birds are for laying.

I hope this is in the right place.

Last edited:
I can't help but find this more than a little ironic, given your location.

Try the Breeders and Backyard Hatchers section of the forum.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/v … .php?id=16

There is currently a thread for people on the Eastern Shore. Found here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/v … p?id=46359

Not really,
The Ironic thing is here on the shore we slaughter millions of chickens a week for the Table, and you cant find chick's anywhere for the backyard.

So sorry for asking a question in a new topic, or wrong location!​

Most of the Tractor supplies are getting them till middle of May, check there, and find out when they will be getting more.

Or you can come get some here in Elkton, I have a bunch of babies, and eggs in the bator.

Hey! I'm in Salisbury too! Well i work in salisbury, live in mardela. I know, it is crazy how many chickens there are around here...but you can't buy them anywhere
hmm.png

Anyway, i just ordered my chicks online from MPC. But, when I was at the Tractor Supply Store on Sunday they had a bin all set up and looked like they were expecting chicks soon. I also saw a sign in there that said they could special order chicks and pullets.

Hope that helps!
smile.png

Quote:
Ours gets chicks from Ideal, they will order what you want but have to get 5 of each breed, and 25 total for them to order for you. If you find out when thier order comes in, be there that day ours has got 3 orders and hasnt lasted past 2nd day yet.

Quote:
Howdy Neighbor,
I went to TSC 3 day's in a row last week (wed. thurs. fri.)
Wed. they got in 25 and 1 person bought them all, and they were supposed to get 100 on thurs. but Post office didn't have them. Couldn't make it fri. morning (job Interview) at Mountaire
tongue.png
so I went to TSC in the afternoon they were all gone.
At least I got the job in Maintanence, That was priority.
I'm only looking for about 8 pullets and a Roo. But I'm sorry $60 online for some chickens is a bit much.
Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
If you're not wanting a particular breed, just pullets, you can try talking to the manager of the TSC and seeing if they'll just put aside however many you want, once they get them in.

I was in our TSC the other day, and there were 3-5 little chicks left and the bin had a "Sold" sign on it.

-Kim

I don't really care what breed, as long as their pullets with 1 Roo. Neighbors request
smile.png
and I like hearing him in the am too.
The first day at TSC I called and was told they sold them all that day. The Girl I talked to said to come in and talk to a certain person, so I get there and had her paged. Well she never came to the register so I was told to go to the service counter. Guess who was there with 2 other people.
I said I was looking for this person and she said thats me. I told her what I was there for and gave a sarcastic "Sigh" like "I have to do what I'm payed to do" She was not helpful in anyway and couldn't answer any basic questions. Boy's, Girls, St run? Yet I could order 25 St run.
Home Depot would have been more helpful!!

Back
Top Bottom