Denagard Dosage

Tylan 50 and tylan 200 is currently on backorder by the manufacturer. It was not pulled from the shelves so much as the shelves were not being restocked because the manufacturer had a glitch in their supply chain. The ETA for Tylan-50 being available again is 9/15/19. I have found these estimates to rarely be accurate. Usually they are wishful thinking by only a few weeks or months, but occasionally a few years. It just depends on what the issue is with the supply chain. When the calf bolus of sulfamethazine (which I use for my sheep) went backordered with every manufacturer, it was expected to be back on the market within a few months. The "inactive" ingredient that was used to make it dissolve at the appropriate rate became unavailable to all manufacturers, but they were confident that they could use something else. That was almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately, the "something else" didn't work properly, so now they're trying to re-invent what they need. It may or may not ever come back on the market. Luckily I was proactive and stockpiled it, hunting down bottles across the country and having them shipped to me. There are alternatives, but the ease of using this product made it worth the effort. Hopefully Tylan-50 won't be so complicated.

They're still on the shelves of many feed stores unless you're in CA. If they're not at your local stores, it's because the feed store managers don't understand what the restrictions do and don't cover, and they don't want to go through the trouble to find out. Many drugs used to be available without a prescription, and have since become prescription, but all that I mentioned I can go buy easily as OTC meds at my local feed store in WA state. Everything I mentioned is also available at this link, OTC and at a good price, including the "cyclines" in various forms and tylan in various forms and concentrations, marketed differently for different species so you'll have to look around the site a little, if your feed store isn't interested in carrying it:
https://www.valleyvet.com/?ccd=ISM001&CAWELAID=120295250000535896&CATRK=SPFID-70&CAAGID=1305120406668153&CATCI=kwd-81570070495856&CAPCID=81570042231313&CADevice=c&msclkid=9c1e15d4db6a12a520144e865e0ab53b&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[Brand] [EC] [US] Valley Vet (Exact)&utm_term=Valley Vet&utm_content=Valley Vet
Not in Texas. Most of these were pulled from the shelf two years ago.

@casportpony I have some Denegard that expired last year. I don't think my chicken has gapeworm, I think it's a respitory disease. Since only one chicken is sick I don't want to medicate the whole flock, so I can't put it in their water. How many CC's of denegard should I mix in food for a 3.5 pound chicken? Thank you.

@casportpony I have some Denegard that expired last year. I don't think my chicken has gapeworm, I think it's a respitory disease. Since only one chicken is sick I don't want to medicate the whole flock, so I can't put it in their water. How many CC's of denegard should I mix in food for a 3.5 pound chicken? Thank you.
I think your chicken needs a total of 0.32 ml(cc) per day.

This is what I based the dose from:
denagard dose_1.png

The math:
3.5 / 2.2 x 25 / 125 = ~0.32 ml

Attachments

• denagard_novartis_poultry1.pdf
    355.2 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom