Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

OK hi! I've remained silent too long. I tried to read through all of Derp's adventures, but after a few weeks of trying I concluded that Derp just did too much for me to read all of it! However, I read enough to conclude that Derperella and I have a lot in common. When I mentioned this to my family and friends they started calling ME derp.... Anyway that's not important. I have a proposal (with Nambroth's permission). Derperella deserves her own day. Here, we have come to calling Thursday "Derpday" because it is right between Humpday and Finally Friday so its kind of a derpy sort of day. On Derpday you are allowed to be derpy because it's Derpday so its ok. So with Nambroth's permission I think we should all declare boring old Thursday the new and improved DERPDAY!!!
big_smile.png
:lau I just happend to read this today which IS Thursd...erm I mean Derpday.
:yafor Derpday!

Hey guys.... I am really shocked and honored to let you all know that I won the Federal Duck Stamp last weekend!! This is super awesome, but it also means I might be a bit more scarce than usual, as part of my (unexpected!) win gives me responsibilities to the program and I will be traveling around a bit. I will let you know when and where once I know a bit more. Maybe some of us can meet in person!

Anyhow I thought I'd share my painting:

It is of Ruddy Ducks and will be on the 2015-2016 stamp (it will come out in late June 2015).
If you are not familiar with duck stamps, make sure to read some of this info about them! They are super important for wetlands here in the USA.
This is a blog (a journal) I wrote about it: http://nambroth.tumblr.com/post/98166885982/how-i-won-the-federal-duck-stamp-a-big-long-journal
I just read about your win, @Nambroth . I followed the link you provided about how you won. I am in happy and proud tears for you, only wishing I had found this thread years ago so I could properly congratulate you. Well done, its a beautiful painting.

Watching Baron R. In motion, one word sprang to mind when I saw his gait, something that may explain his issues... Lyme... As in Lyme Disease, is it possible a deer tick could have fed on him and infected him with the Borrelia spirochete? We lost Dad last year to chronic Lyme due to it being misdiagnosed for two years, it was misdiagnosed as Parkinson's, Lyme has been called the "great imitator" as it can mimic many other illnesses, lameness, temporary paralysis, and difficulty walking and moving are common symptoms, it would also explain the difficulty you've had diagnosing it On a lighter note, it did look like the Baron studied at The Ministry of Silly Walks... [VIDEO]
I am especially sorry to hear that your father died of this horrible disease. My daughter has had Lyme disease for probably many years but was only just recently diagnosed. Modern medicine still ignores the truth about Lyme disease and Babesiosis. Alternative medicine helps her more than anything else. Interesting thoughts here about chickens and Lyme.

Back
Top Bottom