Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

I don't post but a couple of times, but I do love hearing of Derp's antics. Helps me to know my weird chickens are not alone in the world.
big_smile.png

for those on facebook, derp is there too! and like all of you, derp is why i have a bantam fav girl, and hopefully will be getting some more hatching eggs in the spring- the only breed i am sure i can never have enough of, they are so well represented by derp!

The videos were so nice, looked like Derp was falling asleep when you rubbed her eyes and beak. Fud Lady do you let any of the hens go broody. Not Derp of course.
I think Derp did go broody last year, and Nambroth got some EE chicks but Derp never got interested in raising them, and Nambroth ended up having to raise them herself. Maybe this summer Derp will get interested in fostering some chicks instead of invisible ones she seemed interest in last summer.

Actually I wondered if Fud Lady hatches her own chicks. I know she wouldn't want ofspring from Derp or Coho because of health reasons,etc.

P.S. Yes Derp shirts are on Zazzle - sign up with them - now and then they have a 50% off sale on all t-shirts. They just had that yesterday but I'm still recovering from Xmas expenditures. I do have a Derp shirt from last year tho. Waiting for it to get warm again so I can wear it.

Last night I saw the classic 'I'm just goin' round this rooster' I LOVE that one!! Yes, I'm still back at page 92. XD But, how did you guys decide on 'We're all just goin' 'round the rooster here.' Instead of 'When life gives you lemons, stare at them.'

The videos were so nice, looked like Derp was falling asleep when you rubbed her eyes and beak. Fud Lady do you let any of the hens go broody. Not Derp of course.

Not intentionally. Both Faverolles (Derp and Coho) have gone broody and I had to break them of it. Somewhere in this thread is the tale of how I had to break the SuperBroody Derperella, because we were scared for her health. She was broody for way too long, and wouldn't stop! She wouldn't leave the box to eat, drink or take care of herself. I tried giving her eggs to break her, and she threw them out. When I got two EE chicks, she tried to kill them. Not a good momma! I finally had to put her in a broody buster after two months. She hasn't laid an egg since last May when this all happened!

I do believe, if memory serves me correct, that Derp T-shirts are available on ZAZZLE
FUD LADY......HELP?

Yes, though I may move them to the new service I found that I like better. I'll update as soon as I do.

Actually I wondered if Fud Lady hatches her own chicks. I know she wouldn't want ofspring from Derp or Coho because of health reasons,etc.

I have thought about it but 1. I am maxed out at 8 chickens right now, and 2. Even if I did, what would I do with the extras? I know that I get too attached to process them, and no one around here seems to want chickens. I want to be responsible if I ever hatch and make sure that the chicks will have homes.

Last night I saw the classic 'I'm just goin' round this rooster' I LOVE that one!! Yes, I'm still back at page 92. XD But, how did you guys decide on 'We're all just goin' 'round the rooster here.' Instead of 'When life gives you lemons, stare at them.'

I just picked that one because I liked it better! No real reason. :)

Back
Top Bottom