Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

I have been following the Derperella thread for a while now. I have enjoyed the loops and turns it has made, the happy times and the sad. After seeing derp for the first time, it coaxed me into wanting my own faverolles. So I searched and searched, and finally I found some! I picked up a little pair. A hen and a roo, who have been named Fleur de Lys and Soisti. They were joined a few months later by Duchess, the silver laced wyandotte. They now are my little flock, with babies on the way in may, in those babies there is another faverolle, who I hope will add some more character to my little flock.

I just wanted to say thank you for getting me hooked on Faverolles. I think they just might be my favorite breed now. =)

Oh, Fud Lady, I had a Derpish moment this morning!

I was heading into the coop to get it cleaned out for the day when I noticed two of my Easter-eggers jammed into one nest box, Betty on top of Mako. Started walking toward them to see if I could convince one of them to use a different box when, to my surprise, Betty laid an egg!! Right on top of Mako!! :th

It made me think of Derp so I thought I'd post it here. :D

My silly Betty:

I was heading into the coop to get it cleaned out for the day when I noticed two of my Easter-eggers jammed into one nest box, Betty on top of Mako. Started walking toward them to see if I could convince one of them to use a different box when, to my surprise, Betty laid an egg!! Right on top of Mako!!
th.gif

It made me think of Derp so I thought I'd post it here.
big_smile.png

My silly Betty:

gig.gif
lau.gif

Wow! I just finished this entire thread. Took me two weeks, but I was hooked after the q-tip and spent all my free time catching up on the amazing, mysterious, mis-adventures of miss derparella. I was in tears at many points in this story. Some from laughing till I developed washboard abs, others in sorrow for your loss. First I would like to say amazing story, if its not a book yet please make one. If it is, where do I get one. My son would love this story. Second I would like to offer condolences for trousers. I just adopted two blue copper Maran roosters and I hope they will be just the gentleman trousers was. They are already very sweet, my Fabio dancing around the girls. Lastly, I would like to relate a sort of "derpy" moment my sweetest, most gentle hen,( a BO), had this afternoon.. this hen is so tame she stands still for you to pick her up for cuddles, lets you carry her everywhere without a fuss, and will lay right down in your lap when you sit down and stay there for a longer time. She is happily cooing at me the entire time. She is used to being well supported because she gets so relaxed from all the cuddling and petting and scratching she gets....
Well today my neighbors little girl wanted to see my chickens and hold one. Of course I went right for sugar, sat the girl down, and showed her how to hold her before placing sugar upon this little girls lap. Well, kids are kids a.d her attention span wasn't wonderful. She soon relaxed herself and began chatting away with me. When I put sugar in this little girls lap, she laid on her side, legs outstretched, in the most awkward looking postition ever, but she sure was happy! Well, when this little girl forgot she had a chicken on her lap and raised the arm she was supporting sugar with, my sweet little hen slid off the side of this girls lap, and landed about six inches down, in the same awkward position. She just laid there like that on the ground for a couple minutes looking up like "well! Now how did this happen! Pick me up now. " while I just busted up. She eventually got up, ruffled her feathers, and went off to look for something to eat. I don't know if it was the staring she did, or the funny position she held, or what, but I couldn't help myself when I said "DEEERRRRRP!"

I was heading into the coop to get it cleaned out for the day when I noticed two of my Easter-eggers jammed into one nest box, Betty on top of Mako. Started walking toward them to see if I could convince one of them to use a different box when, to my surprise, Betty laid an egg!! Right on top of Mako!!
th.gif

It made me think of Derp so I thought I'd post it here.
big_smile.png

My silly Betty:

Betty is SO pretty!! I love her!

Wow! I just finished this entire thread. Took me two weeks, but I was hooked after the q-tip and spent all my free time catching up on the amazing, mysterious, mis-adventures of miss derparella. I was in tears at many points in this story. Some from laughing till I developed washboard abs, others in sorrow for your loss. First I would like to say amazing story, if its not a book yet please make one. If it is, where do I get one. My son would love this story. Second I would like to offer condolences for trousers. I just adopted two blue copper Maran roosters and I hope they will be just the gentleman trousers was. They are already very sweet, my Fabio dancing around the girls. Lastly, I would like to relate a sort of "derpy" moment my sweetest, most gentle hen,( a BO), had this afternoon.. this hen is so tame she stands still for you to pick her up for cuddles, lets you carry her everywhere without a fuss, and will lay right down in your lap when you sit down and stay there for a longer time. She is happily cooing at me the entire time. She is used to being well supported because she gets so relaxed from all the cuddling and petting and scratching she gets....
Well today my neighbors little girl wanted to see my chickens and hold one. Of course I went right for sugar, sat the girl down, and showed her how to hold her before placing sugar upon this little girls lap. Well, kids are kids a.d her attention span wasn't wonderful. She soon relaxed herself and began chatting away with me. When I put sugar in this little girls lap, she laid on her side, legs outstretched, in the most awkward looking postition ever, but she sure was happy! Well, when this little girl forgot she had a chicken on her lap and raised the arm she was supporting sugar with, my sweet little hen slid off the side of this girls lap, and landed about six inches down, in the same awkward position. She just laid there like that on the ground for a couple minutes looking up like "well! Now how did this happen! Pick me up now. " while I just busted up. She eventually got up, ruffled her feathers, and went off to look for something to eat. I don't know if it was the staring she did, or the funny position she held, or what, but I couldn't help myself when I said "DEEERRRRRP!"

Haha, how fantastic! I notice that when my hens are on their sides and are feeling content, that they act a bit dopey afterward. Such as after they sun-bathe or dust-bathe!
No book yet. Maybe someday! Gosh I need more time to do things.

Back
Top Bottom