Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Quote:
Yep, now I want a Derp t-shirt too.

No pressure or anything...
tongue.png

Derperella t-shirts and books??! I never even contemplated the idea! It makes me laugh..! If you folks really want them, though, I could see what I have time to do...

Derp is always very friendly to all the other chickens. She does not peck or challenge them. Why would she need to? Everyone and everything is her friend.
Unless it's food. Then it's just food.

Derp often loves cuddling up to the other pullets. She loves to wipe her beard on them repeatedly; surely this is how you are supposed to tell your friends that you like them. Wet-chicken-beard wipe once, twice, three times, four...
Coho, the other salmon faverolles, seems fairly complacent at being beard-wiped. Chickadee, the super clever barred rock, often watches Derp.
You can tell that she is often not sure how to feel.
chicken%20breads%20day91.jpg

On the roost, again smart little Chickadee observes Derperella. Derp doesn't seem to notice... she's probably thinking about cotton swabs. Mmm. I bet one would taste good right about now.
dee%20stares%20at%20derp%20day91.jpg

It was about at this age that Derp started developing her 'big girl' voice instead of peeping all the time. The Food Lady calls this the "Lady voice", and Derp's was extra special, just like the rest of her. Derp likes to honk. Sometimes it's a simple "honk-honka-cluck". But more often it's a "Bwaaaaahonkahoooonk HONK HONNK D'HAWWWNNNK"
It's like a sweet melody.
derp%20whaha%20day91.jpg

A short video of Derperella.
In this video, she kindly assists Lorp (our uncreatively named Black Australorp, same hatch date as Derp) with her face.
Everyone needs help with their face, sometimes.
Lorp freezes. All the chickens freeze when Derp approaches. I think they are disturbed by her specialness.

Love this story!! It would make a fantastic children's book, it would tell kids all about how it's ok to be different and still find your own niche in whatever life you were graced with.
love.gif

Quote:
There are a few online services that offer print 'on demand' shirts, like Cafepress, etc.
smile.png
If anyone really wants one I can look into it...

Back
Top Bottom