Hthomas23

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2017
Hiya,
I could really do with some advise. I have 2 female African Runner Ducks who have been sitting on 5 eggs for around 2 1/2 - 3 weeks . around 5pm today I found one of the eggs in the garden. It looks like a rat has began eating the shell but the duckling was still moving inside I emptied the ducking out of the egg but the yolk sack was leaking. I've put duckling and yolk sack back into egg, into small cup and covered with damp tissue. I do not have incubator so at this moment In time the egg and duckling are on top of a VERY low heater. Duckling doesn't appear to be moving but I'm determined not to give up. Please can someone advise. Also do you think the other 4 eggs will be safe with moms? IMG_20170728_190757.jpg
IMG_20170728_190757.jpg

Thank you all for your replys. Unfortunately we lost that little duckling. But the other 4 are doing fine and one has began to hatch as of yesterday and over night. However the mother ducks have now started pecking at the soft shell quiet violently and there is still some yolk inside with this ducky. But seems to be moving and breathing fine. Do you think I'm best to take the remaining eggs away from the mums. This is there first time and I'm concerned they will try and attack the ducklings for "being in their nest and too close to their babies".
IMG_20170731_153741.jpg
IMG_20170801_071310.jpg

Back
Top Bottom