Details for the next SAN DIEGO MEET UP Sept. 30, 2012

While he's at work maybe you should come and get him a special anniversary gift
wink.png

Lol...I think that would get me in trouble!

Thanks for "helping" KKH.
lau.gif

I *think* we'll be able to make it. And I just explained balut to my 9 yr old daughter and she said she wants to try it.
th.gif
That's my kid, a little foodie! (I myself would pass lol)

We would be bringing:
* cupcakes for the contest
* a frizzle and a "silkie" pullet - almost laying, very cool looking girls [happy to keep them or rehome them]
* 2 black copper marans cockerels if Vista Feed Store can't take them - for keeping or eating, as long as they're treated well [these guys gotta go]
* 3 bcm pullets for knock kneed's friend
* some kind of potluck food item

If anyone gets fertile FRESH double yolker eggs in the next week PLEASE CAN I BUY THEM
bow.gif

They need to be be less than a week old and have had "lots of opportunity " to be fertile and stored properly.

This is for a scientific study. Can pay $3 each/am negotiable.

Could pick up if you are going to the meet up.

Thanks!

Gawd how early..... and how much space would I need to stake out. Its about the ONLY thing i am good for volunteering for... But I Will give me a chance at a handicapped parking spot... hee hee.

OK I will stake out the spot now after reading the time..... Would 8:30 be early enough? It would give me a chance to write some....

deb "who is SO not a morning person....LOL But I can do it just dont expect coherent conversation right away"

I *think* we'll be able to make it. And I just explained balut to my 9 yr old daughter and she said she wants to try it.
th.gif
That's my kid, a little foodie! (I myself would pass lol)

We would be bringing:
* cupcakes for the contest
* a frizzle and a "silkie" pullet - almost laying, very cool looking girls [happy to keep them or rehome them]
* 2 black copper marans cockerels if Vista Feed Store can't take them - for keeping or eating, as long as they're treated well [these guys gotta go]
* 3 bcm pullets for knock kneed's friend
* some kind of potluck food item

Amulet I want your Silkie and Frizzle pullets. My Silkie boys need girls really bad. This way I can give them some space of their own. Is the Frizzle a bantam.

Speaking of foodies..... I was having cheap caviar once on cream cheese and toast. My four year old son asked for some so I made him a little piece. And told him if he didn't like it he didn't have to eat it. He macked it all down and said.... "Good Beans mom." I raised him to have an open mind to taste and to be polite if he didn't like it.

deb

Amulet I want your Silkie and Frizzle pullets. My Silkie boys need girls really bad. This way I can give them some space of their own. Is the Frizzle a bantam.

deb

The frizzle is a bantam. She's a frizzled Tolbunt Polish/Silkie Mix and amazing to look at.

If the girls go, I want them to go together (they're bonded) but they are free to a good BYC home.
D.gif
I like them, but I have a lot of chickens at the moment and I don't have any silkie boys for them to frolic with.

Hey everyone, I have some feed sacks good for crafting - Free to anyone that wants them, just let me know and I will put your name on them and bring them to the meet up. I have Layena in Powder Blue, Dark Blue, a black gamebird feed sack, green rabbit food sack.

Also I am looking for some Serama pullets, chicks or young hens. If you have some, please let me know what you have and how much you want for them.

I have the following rabbits which would be good for 4-H/FFA projects:

1 Sable Point pedigreed Mini Rex Sr. buck. As far as I know (I am no expert) he has no major faults and should be good for a 4-Hr to show. $20

2 Black & Orange Tricolor Mini Rex jr. Does. They are "charlie marked", which means they have less than 10% body color, making them useful for tricolor breeding programs, but not very competative on the show table. They are pedigreed. They would be great for any 4-Hr looking for a nice rabbit to compete in showmanship or for a pet/breeder rabbit. $20 each, both for $30

1 Blue and fawn "booted (more than 50% body color) Mini Rex Jr. Buck. Could also be a great showmanship rabbit, pet or breeder for anyone looking to get into tricolor mini rex. $20

Discounts for multiple rabbit purchases!!!!

Later this year I will be re-homing a retired breeding doe. I am looking into getting her spayed. She's almost 4 yrs old, smart and gorgeous. I have her inside due to her recent tendency to develop sore hocks on wire - She needs to be a house bunny. She may be ready to move into a new home around Christmas time, anyone looking for a nice house-bunny let me know. There will be a small rehoming fee and a home inspection/interview. The reason for this is I have had somone adopt a rabbit from me recently then put it on craigslist the next day. Hopefully any serious adopters will not mind if I want to get to know them.

If anyone is interested in rabbits, please let me know because if I don't think there is any interest, I might not bring them so they don't get stressed out in the heat, etc.

Last edited:
Gawd how early..... and how much space would I need to stake out.  Its about the ONLY thing i am good for volunteering for...    But I Will give me a chance at a handicapped parking spot... hee hee. 

OK I will stake out the spot now after reading the time.....  Would 8:30 be early enough?  It would give me a chance to write some.... 

deb "who is SO not a morning person....LOL  But I can do it just dont expect coherent conversation right away"
Awesome Deb!! I appreciate it sooooo much! I'll be home alone with the kids, all the animals to feed and get ready to haul down there. If you can snag a bunch of tables under the oaks that would be great. I'd love to be able for us to spread out there in the shade. Thank You!!

Hey everyone, I have some feed sacks good for crafting - Free to anyone that wants them, just let me know and I will put your name on them and bring them to the meet up. I have Layena in Powder Blue, Dark Blue, a black gamebird feed sack, green rabbit food sack.

Pardon my ignorance, but are the feed bags fabric or paper or?

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom