Clappmeg

Chirping
Aug 6, 2019
Hi all,
I've just dewormed my flock of silkies with safegaurd. I understand there is a 14 day withdrawal period (which will turn into about a month after the second application in 10 days). I'm looking for some uses for the eggs that are laid during this time. Can I scramble them and feed them back to the chickens (I don't think so), should I leave them in the coop for someone to perhaps sit on/hatch? (I don't think any are broody right now, anyway), compost them? Anything?? I hate to see them go to waste!
Thanks in advance!

Some extremists will say toss them, other people feed them back to the chickens or their dogs, and some people just eat them. Not sure what the right thing to do is.

We eat eggs after using Safeguard or Valbazen. Still here typing after all these years.
However if you suspect an adverse reaction may occur, toss the eggs in the garbage. Do not feed them back to your chickens.

Feeding them back to the chickens actually increases any withdrawal time, because the birds are getting more drug longer.
Low doses of the wormer encourages the development of drug resistant intestinal worms, not good.
At least, don't feed them back to the chickens!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom