deworming with rooster booster triple action multi wormer

Thanks!
My vets office used to be a farm vet office too, and he told me that they talked about Poultry in vet school, but only in terms of the large scale factory farm operations. He is very interested in my backyard operation, and I am guessing he'll help if he can.

Thanks!
My vets office used to be a farm vet office too, and he told me that they talked about Poultry in vet school, but only in terms of the large scale factory farm operations. He is very interested in my backyard operation, and I am guessing he'll help if he can.
Keep me posted!

-Kathy

I am trying to worm 4 birds with Durvet's Strike III. Any clue how many consecutive days they should be fed this according to the instructions, and when I should repeat a course? Can I trust them that eggs don't need to be withdrawn from use?

I am trying to worm 4 birds with Durvet's Strike III. Any clue how many consecutive days they should be fed this according to the instructions, and when I should repeat a course? Can I trust them that eggs don't need to be withdrawn from use?
What does the label say?

-Kathy

I will,thanks!

Oh, I've seen the Durvet Strike 3 at TSC, it's Hygromycin B just like Rooster Booster. Comes in plastic bag instead of cannister, but main ingredient is the same.

Hello everyone-
I just hung up the phone after a conversation with Durvet about their Strike lll wormer (November 13. 2015).
Durvet realizes the labeling omission and will be changing the label to include the proper dosing protocol.
Durvet stated that Strike lll wormer should be given for sixteen (16) consecutive days.
You must wait at least three (3) days before consuming eggs or butchering.

I have had a terrible worm issue with my SLW's and Cream Brabanters. I used wazine (twice, as recommended). I have followed up with the Strike lll. WOW. In just three (3) days, my entire flock looks wonderful and are as energetic as they ought to be.

...I just hope that my hens begin laying again...

Thank you so much for finding the answers I needed. I stopped the strike 3 after 3 days and know at least one bird is still not well. And they're molting. And no eggs. Will try again!

I sure hope the information helps. It's rather difficult to get good answers to some questions...
I just hope my hens will begin laying again! Good luck. As for the molting issue, I have two things you may wish to try.
Sunflowers seeds really seem to help the birds through the molt and a product called "Feather Fixer" has really helped me.
One more thing- pumpkin seeds are a natural wormer and could help your birds.

Back
Top Bottom